Monday, September 1, 2008

Fancy dessert

My honey took me out to dinner for my birthday. It was a really nice place with yummy food. I ordered a coconut cream pie. It was so fancy, like something you see on T.V. It was in a teeny tiny tart shell, loads of whipped cream and a coconut wafer stuck in the top. Carmel sauce and bits of pineapple were sprinkled all over the plate. The next day the kids and I thought we should make our own fancy dessert, so we did mini chocolate cream pies. I used the kids toy pie tins, cooked the crusts in those and the filled them with super rich chocolate custard and fresh whipped cream.
To be really fancy we sprinkled chocolate shavings all over the whole thing. Next time I'm going to try it using my mini muffin pan. That would be fancy and adorable!

1 comment:

Jason said...

It does sound like something from TV! But it looks delicious. Can I have a piece?