Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Skull obsession


Yesterday I found myself a new obsession for the week. This is not good, because I really do have a ton of other things I need to be doing. However, I have decided that it's very important that my Brownie girls learn about Day of the Dead at our next meeting. And to do this properly we need to make Sugar Skulls. Doesn't that sound high priority to you? Anyhow, I went to mexicansugarskulls.com and they have a bunch of different molds. These are the two that I got. I can't wait to get them! I'm also very excited about the Frida skulls. I love her. Everything about her inspires me, what better way to celebrate your favorite artist than by eating a chocolate mold of their skull? Next I'm looking for Frida rubber stamps, I've seen them, I just haven't taken the time to hunt them down yet. Anyhow, I'll be planning this week on how to do our meeting next week. I have to be careful not to offend anyone religiously, which can always be a challenge. I also want to work in one other craft, a story about why this holiday is celebrated and a treat of some sort. I'll have one hour to do this in. I'll post updates at some point.

4 comments:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

I think there may be a sugar-skull making session in my future, so I will look for your impression of the whole process and wait for tips from you! No pressure, right?!

Anonymous said...

Sounds really cool!

Jennifer said...

Very, very cool! My mom, who was always a big fan of Mexican art and culture, loves Day of the Dead -- but even she doesn't have sugar skull molds....

karen said...

I will make sure not to miss girl scouts this week. Sorry about last week. Totally spaced. Looks like fun on tuesday