Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Better than Meth......Fancy Tiger




This morning a friend of mine called me up and told me about this little craft store downtown. I didn't really think anything of it until I looked it up online. Then suddenly I felt all shaky and sweaty. It was that same "needing a fix" feeling that I get with certain craft magazines. I couldn't wait a second longer, I had to go check it out. I threw the boys in the van and drove the 30 min downtown. I have to tell you, this place absolutely lived up to my expectations. Can you see the list of classes they have?! Needlefelting, Aprons, bookbinding, knitting, embroidered tea towels, and on and on. They also have open craft night, open sewing stitch night and craft parties. A ton of Amy Butler fabric, sheets of wool felt, vintage buttons, cute vintage Pyrex cups filled with things, sublime stitching patterns, amazing yarns, so many different kinds of tools and books, I was like a kid in a candy store. Unfortunately the boys did not have the same elated feelings I did, so we had to leave. I am planning on going back Saturday and checking out the Amy Butler trunk show. I am dying that there is actually this kind of store here and I know where it is!

1 comment:

Kami said...

Ooooh! You're so lucky!!! That's my biggest complaint about Boise, is the tiny amount of badass things to do here. If only I had a plane ticket--I'd be shopping with you on Saturday! ;)