Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Socktastic

I have the most amazing and talented friends EVER! Today my dear friend Elizabeth completely blew my mind by giving me a late birthday /early Christmas present. 24 itty bitty hand knitted socks. I LOVE them! A long time ago we both took a sock class. Right after we started it my baby got really sick, so I had to stop. I never learned how to knit a sock. She on the other hand went to town on them and makes them by the dozens. I had told her when we did the class that I had a goal one day of making 24 little socks to use for an advent calendar. I am still stunned that she took the time to do this and that she remembered my goal. Thank goodness for the people we have in our lives who make our existence more beautiful and enjoyable. Thank you Elizabeth!!!!!

5 comments:

Nate and Jamie said...

LOVE IT!!!!! Those as sooo cute! Are you making an advent calendar to go with or just using the socks? Tell her that she did an awesome job on those! What talent!

jess said...

Hey Jamie! Thanks!
Yes I'll use it as an advent. I'll hang them all up on a clothesline with little number tags. And I'll put little treats or something in them. I'm getting excited for Christmas.

Suzy A. said...

But we have to have Halloween first! I love Halloween!

Cele said...

These are gorgeous. Lucky you.

Kami said...

They are totally beautiful! Wow! Jealous of you gift and jealous of your friend's talent! ;)