Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Best Book

This finally came in the mail today. I saw it last month sometime at the bookstore and did not want to pay full price for it. I found it on Amazon for a fraction of the price. I'm starting to gather things together to gear up for summer vacation. This one is going to be great to do with my mini me! Check out all the cool stuff in it.... The girl on the cover is a paper doll that pops out. It's to help teach you how to sew using a pattern. There are step by step instructions to sew a cute outfit for each season.

The red sweater is made using a cut up glove, so clever!



I love the badge idea. I'm thinking we may have to have goals over the summer. When we accomplish one we'll make our own badge and sew it o a tote bag or something.
There's also step by step instructions for knitting. This picture of a fingerless glove is upside down. I'm too tired to deal with redoing it, so stand on your head to look at it I guess.
Also knitted fruit, oranges, cherries, strawberries,

Cute fabric charms. What a good way to use scraps. A bunch of these would look cute on a bedroom door or hanging from flower boxes outside. I think we'll get a lot of good use out of this. There's also embroidery, spool knitting pom pom making etc..
After having temps in the 80's yesterday and going to 2 inches of snow outside right now, I'm so ready for summer. I love getting all of the activities and everything together. I also love having unscheduled play time. Sigh!

3 comments:

Kami said...

What a bunch of adorable projects! The doll and clothes are too cute. And I love the knitted strawberry! Can I come to your house this summer? ;)

Danielle Dyball said...

That book looks amazing, on my way to add it to my wish list!!

Monique said...

What a cool book!