Saturday, July 7, 2007

Mind Meanderings


I've just returned home from being on vacation for a week. It's always so hard to return home. We spent the week in South Dakota going up to get the kids. We were able to watch the fireworks at Mt Rushmore, catch fish, play in the woods, run through the sprinklers, march in the 4th of July parade, do nothing and eat lots of yummy food. Now we're home. Now there's laundry, phone calls to make, shopping to do, and preparations for the next big trip in a week and a half. Needless to say I have nothing crafty to post today, However I have been working on things. Embroidery projects for Mokis school of craft and for the button swap. Freezer paper stencils for the class I'm teaching in August, knitted baby gifts for friends having babies, and travel boxes for 12 hour road trips. Our next trip takes us to my high school reunion. This is a picture of my prom 10 years ago. I really can't believe it's been 10 years! It's so funny how all the stupid high school insecurities are all coming back in preparation for this event, what am I going to wear, how will I do my hair, who am I going to sit by, blah...blah..blah.. I'm always so envious of girls who seem to just be seeping of self confidence. It's something I work on daily. Anyhow, there is much to be done this week, hopefully I'll have some fun pics to post of all the amazing things I hope to accomplish!

4 comments:

Kami said...

Hahaha! Katie would kill you if she saw that! You look so cute, though! Glad I'm not in it. ;)

Raesha D said...

OH how fun!!! Where did you graduate from? I missed my 10th but my 20th is in (GASP) only three years. I SO want to show up all the "cool" girls that wouldn't even give me the time of day. I have my buttons done and hope to mail them to you this week:)

daisies said...

how super cute : )

i'm thinking you have a whole lot more self confidence in there than you think and i'm also thinking you are going to have so much fun!!

Anonymous said...

Oh do I hear you. We just returned from a trip and I was not wanting it to end. As for crafts and traveling....embroidery embroidery!